Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Article about Ferrets being seen as "Disposable Pets'




I have tears reading this article from the American Ferret Association. It's about the woman in Virginia Beach - 97 ferrets seized and 61 had to be euthanized because of poor health. WHY DID SHE NOT ASK FOR HELP?

"MANY THINGS ARE LOST FOR WANT OF ASKING"
CHINESE PROVERB

The article continues about "the disposable ferret". People buying ferrets, not realizing the commitment they need to make. In this busy world, if you have kids and work, you have little time left for anything else (I was there at one time). These animals are like children, and as an owner you have to take the time to keep them happy and healthy, creating a deep bond. They are not like cats or dogs at all. They are totally dependent on you and crave human interaction. I don't work or have kids, and I don't cage my ferrets, so I'm able to spend a lot of time with them.

Here's the link to this article:
97 ferrets seized in Virginia Beach

No comments: