Sunday, January 6, 2008

A Ferret's Prayer


A Ferret's Prayer

Understand me and I will be your loving pet.
I am not a rodent, but a carnivore.
I am not a wild animal, but a companion to man, domesticated between the time of the dog and the cat.
Feed me as a cat, but only with dry food for clean teeth.
Keep litter boxes handy, and I will learn to use them.
Take me along as a dog, but with a leash or carrier so I do not get lost
Do not leave me outdoors, I have no wild survival instincts.
Confine or watch me like a small child, because I am curious and like to get into things.
Discipline when needed with words and soft actions, because sudden force causes me to defend myself. I am a little thief, give me soft socks to steal and hide, instead of rubber toys to chew and swallow.
Let me visit the doctor as you would any family member, for a health check and vaccinations yearly.
Have me spayed or neutered; I have no need to reproduce to add to the pet overpopulation.
Handle me daily, and I will be your loyal friend for many, many years.
I am fearless and friendly. I have personality. I seek companionship.
If you cannot give me that, then please pass me by.

No comments: